Olive oil in Greece, which dates back 4000 years, is globally acknowledged for its purity and exceptional taste. More than 80% of the Greek olive oil is extra virgin, which is the top-ranked classification category in the world. This constitutes Greece as the world’s largest producer of extra virgin olive oil.
Gaea’s extra virgin olive oil’s superior quality is appreciated by the international trade, which is the reason why Gaea’s exports to all markets are constantly increasing at a fast pace.
Moreover, Gaea produces the 1st Extra Virgin Olive Oils in the world that have been certified Carbon Neutral!
GAEA’S EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OILS
For these reasons, Gaea’s olive oils are the most awarded olive oils internationally in recognition of their superior quality and taste.
DOP / PGI EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OILS
- Derive from the first cold pressing of fresh olives with mechanical means and without any refining process whatsoever, thus being the natural juice of the olive fruit
- Crushing and olive oil extraction process is performed at cold temperatures, with the max temperature being 27o C, to maintain its rich, fruity, intense aroma and its distinctive green colour
- Gaea has a strict policy of avoiding extracts or additional flavourings.
- Gaea constantly experiments, bringing traditional and ancient recipes back to life. Gaea’s special series of flavoured olive oils are the result of the natural blending between real herbs and olive oil
- Gaea only bottles the best extra virgin olive oils from selected areas of Greece
- The DOP / PGI (“Protected Designation of Origin”/ “Protected Geographical Indication”) sign on each bottle certifies not only the origin by also the top quality of the olive oil
D.O.P./ P.G.I. Designation - “Protected Designation of Origin”/ “Protected Geographical Indication” is the best certification for the top quality of olive oil.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OILS WITH NATURAL HERBS
- All DOP / PGI areas are defined and issued by the European Union. This helps promote agricultural products and foods of special value due to the way or place of production.
- Each bottle gets a specific number that is fully traceable.
- DOP / PGI certifies that the olive oil was produced in a particular area of Greece and is obtained exclusively from a particular variety of olives.
Since antiquity, natural herbs were used to give aroma and flavor to olive oil. Gaea’s flavoured olive oils are the successful result of the natural blending between real herbs and the olive oil. Extra Virgin Olive oil, is 100% naturally blended with fine herbs of Greek nature.