1. To sell the highest quality natural and organic products available
• 100% natural, totally free from additives, preservatives.
• most award winning olive oils in the world, most awarded Greek olives and sauces in the world.
• all major international certifications and accreditations to the highest level.
2. To satisfy and delight our customers
• through authentic great tasting products, as also proven by our numerous awards and prizes (4 in 2011, 11 in 2010, 17 in 2008-09, 22 in 2001-07).
• through innovation, retroinnovation = oxymelo an ancient Greek recipe but also research and state of the art technology ,our olive snack pack.
• through prompt and understanding service.
3. To support team member happiness and excellence
• ensuring ethical working practices, SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) Best Practice Accreditation by Bureau Veritas
• providing a safe and rewarding environment at a time of economic crisis.
• encouraging personal development.
4. To care about our community & our environment
• 1st carbon neutral olive oil in the world, 1st carbon neutral consumer product in Greece.
• 1st Carbon Neutral Olives in the world.
• 1st olive oil range in the world to calculate its water footprint.
• supporting culture, the Vranas Museum – Olive press in Lesvos, monument with great historical & sentimental value.
• supporting humanitarian causes such as the “Chefs for Humanity”.
5. To create wealth through profits & growth: sustainability
• fast growing, leading Greek brand internationally, as per Nielsen data
• providing good news and a glimmer of hope in the modern Greek “economic” crisis
6. To create ongoing partnerships
• 1st time in Greece, to create joint venture with an agricultural cooperative, to ensure high reward to farmers producing top quality by sharing added value/ profit. Named by Greek Prime Minister as case study on excellence.
• long term stable relationships with our suppliers and trading partners.
• fair reward to our associates and suppliers, one common price list for all our trading partners internationally irrespective of size.
7. To Innovate in pursuit of excellence
• anticipating and leading the way, introducing new authentically Greek experiences, without compromising our values to commercial success.
• investing in research & development, developing traditional knowledge, creating new products – new ways to offer traditional products.
• as recognition to Gaea’s overall work in promoting real excellence in the olive oil world, Aris, Gaea’s founder & C.E.O. was proclaimed visiting Academic at “Academia dei Georgofili”, the oldest Agricultural University in Europe, Florence Italy.
8. To Promote consumer health - wellness through healthy eating education
• 8 out of 10 studies on the Mediterranean diet proclaim the Greek Med diet, as the healthiest diet in the world.
• cooking schools, Omega 3 and cooperation with Chefs & nutritionists.
• teamed up with famous Greek American Chef Cat Cora to familiarize the American consumer with the Greek Mediterranean diet.